So, the year comes to an end! While activities in the atelier are already all about designing the autumn/winter collection 2015/2016 to present in Italy in 2 weeks, we are also looking back at how the past year has been. And we have to say, it's been an amazing year!
We had quite some plans and wishes for 2014. One being to maintain a healthy company while being able to grow. Our growth has definitely been realized. A good example would be our new hat press machine, but also the bigger variety of products and designs we are able to offer you. The good thing is, that every design is still of the highest quality and that everything is still handmade (yes, also with the pressing machine, the hats are still handmade. Come and watch the process when you can).
Off course, earlier this year we’ve called upon your help for us to be able to reach certain goals. We had a whole ‘campaign’ planned around our ‘non-conventional crowd funding’. Approx. 1.5 week after we started the terrible disaster of MH17 happened. It didn’t feel right to continue spreading happy messages about our dreams and goals anymore, and thus, we stopped. Still, there have been quite some of you that have supported our non-conventional crowd funding and have purchased a design to enjoy! Sincere thanks to you!
So, with the non-conventional crowd funding combined with natural growth, we’ve made some extra’s with which we’ve:
1) Created a new logo. This (super cool!) logo will go on our designs, in a subtle way! We’ll reveal it in 2015.
2) Hired someone! Yes! She’ll support Evelien in her tasks, so more can be done, so Evelien can focus even more on designing and so Eudia can keep on growing.
Fabrics for the flat caps can and will be printed as well, so all who’ve ordered these can wear them!
Other successes we’ve celebrated are:
- Very nice new customers. People even driving up from Belgium and Luxembourg especially for Eudia. Wow!
- New retailers that offer Eudia to their customers. We value every one of them.
- The collaborations we’ve had to do fashion shows or organize events. We loved it!
- Lots of publications in magazines, interviews / items on the radio and even tv.
- Being asked to give lectures. Most special maybe was the 1.5 hour lecture I gave at my old university!
- All our photoshoots to show our new designs, resulting in 46 new photos selected by Philip. The locations literally vary from our house to the fashionable area of Ginza – Tokyo or Ipanema beach in Rio (we’ll show you this one soon…) !
- Our very own hat bags that have come in after a year of developing them! We haven’t shown them to you yet, but believe us when we say they look gooooood! They are even been purchased as regular bag for daily use. How about that!
What’s on the planning for 2015? A lot of course! We love to find more retail partners who are interested in offering Eudia to their customers. A first step to this is made in January when Eudia will present the new collection in Italy during Dutch Touch (organized by Dutch Fashion Foundation and the Dutch Embassy).
Furthermore, we’ve greatly expanded our product offering to better help you. So, keep us in mind for all that you wear fashionably on your head: (men’s) hats, fascinators, tiaras, veils, clips, combs, bonnets, beanies, etc. Handmade, top quality and with a luxurious feel: that's what we like to give to you!
We wish you a fashionable and thus happy year!
Now bring on the bubbly!